Creative Critical Reflection



  • How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? 

The use of challenge conventions in the way I decided to do my project is that most people when talking about beauty they think of instantly makeup, dressing up, or hair. Although these are apart of what is talked about I wanted to go much deeper into why beauty is beyond a humans outside physical appearance. I say this because a man and a woman's beauty standards are so different and doubled standards which creates more hate towards anyone who wants or does their journey of finding their own inner beauty themselves without being ashamed. Latching on to this, this is how it represents social issues because in public society picks and chooses when to accept a persons beauty. To further explain, for example, society has a hard time accepting the beauty of  a gay man who is confident and is free to express himself dressing up similar to a female. But when times comes towards a female doing exactly what a gay man does but in reverse (woman dresses like a man), the doubled standards are brought out. A woman of all sorts and kinds are accepted when they are dolled up and presentable or even looking basic and regular but when a man does either or, society will pick and choose who to bully.

  • How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?
My magazine engages with audiences who think their physical beauty is not enough for them to think they are beautiful. It also highlights how this affects us deeply as in our mental health. Thinking about how your physical appearance does not satisfy everyone else, eventually leads to you putting yourself down. As it would be distributed to real media text would be to learn to love yourself and develop the skill of self-love and high confidence. Obtaining this keeps you from destroying your mental health and to live to please yourself and find your inner beauty from your physical appearance to your beautiful souls.

  • How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
Throughout my magazine production it really helped open my mind to actual life situations that are common but are not mostly recognized and spoken to the public. It surprised me that it changed my production skills because throughout making it it caused me to change my topics a lot and required me to build a photography skill I did not know I had. Some pictures were of my friends and of my siblings, and I decided to use them because they actually relate to the topic of my magazine which is that beauty is pain. It takes a lot for a woman or man to see their true potential but once recognized it is hard to un-see it.

  • How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? 
I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to use Lucidpress or InDesign but I ended up choosing Lucidpress because I am more familiar with it and it gives me ideas on how to properly do something. With me I am better at creating when I have a firm grasp on an idea and layout to start which is why Lucidpress is more comfort to me to design something I want exactly. I did do research about the beauty industry and how it affects all models meaning by race, height, features, clothing, etc. It took time to research and put it all together and to be able to explain to the audience I wanted to capture and present an understanding and point of views not commonly seen in this situation.

https://prezi.com/view/QDTEKy1k9arYgwvms1To/

Comments

Popular Posts